Sunday, May 24, 2009

Today's the Day

It's only six hours until the trip officially begins! Truth be told, I'm really not looking forward to the flight. Of all the times to not have "Jeannie" powers. I woke up at 3:00am this morning to 1) try and make myself tired so that it might be easier to sleep on last, 9hr leg of my flight and 2) minimize jet-lag. I've packed my neck pillow, ear plugs, eye mask, benadryl and Dramamine to help encourage sleep...I really, really, really have a hard time sleeping on planes!

Normally, when I fly, I eagerly watch everyone board the plane. As I settle into my seat, I pray that the crazy looking person (you know the one that you see and think, "please don't sit by me, please don't sit by me") and think, "oh please sit by me," solely for the story telling potential. Today, on the other hand, I will be like the majority, praying that "the crazy" doesn't sit by me.

This morning, I took one last review of my backpack and its inventory. I can't think of anything to add or leave behind. My main goal was to be able to pack only what I can carry in a backpack. Not an easy task for me...AT ALL. Shockingly, I was able to manage that goal! And, yes, I guarantee that when the pictures are finally posted, you WILL see variations of the same outfit. :-)



Weee! I can't wait to start checking out life across the pond!

No comments:

Post a Comment