Monday, November 26, 2012

Going Away Party

Recently, my friends held a going away party for me.  I really couldn't have asked for a better send off.  I have such wonderful friends, I wish I could take all of them with me.  Alas, I can't, but have been given strict instructions to get a place big enough to accommodate 10-20 visitors at a time, because they're all visiting!! 

In true fashion we HAD to record that, even in the midst of all the fun, you don't want to mess with us.
Nice Jeremy simply can't be mean...he can't even make a mean face!


 A "Martie Partie" isn't complete without oreos!  They're wonderfully delicious!


The crew gave me the most thoughtful gifts.  Included was a photo album with personal notes from everyone scattered within.
AND OREOS!

OREOS!!  Birthday cake oreos are like unicorns.




Drinking champagne out of a "lucky" champagne flute!

One of the best toasts I ever heard, but can't remember any of it. :-(






The truth comes out...this is how everyone feels about my leaving.
Labels were made!  This one said, "Good Luck Martie."

This one said, "SARCO," which is an inside joke.  I can't tell you what it means.  You'll just have to ride with my friends in the Memphis Hightailers Bicycle Club to find out. :-)  The thought bubble says, "I don't know what I want, but I won't be happy until I get it!"  Can you relate?  I sure can.


With the exception of a few photos that were taken with my phone, the photos were captured by my friend, Matthew Magbee:  http://magbeephotography.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment