Friday, November 9, 2012

Recent Memphis Happenings

Last month, there were many events, not just of the cycling (as you know, my favorite) nature.  Some local cyclists had a "Drag Race" event in midtown.  Participants had to be in "drag" to race.  I'm not sure who won, but I'm sure he/she looked amazingly fierce.

Drag Race...I borrowed this picture from another social media site...hope they don't mind

A few weeks ago, Elmwood, an historic cemetary in Memphis, held a "Spirits with the Spirits" event.  It was such fun.  The cemetary looked so beautiful at night.  Luckily, there was a full moon to add to the mystic of it all.


Some of the cemetary residents were there.  Did you know that Kit Dalton, from the Jesse James & Dalton Gang was buried there?  He made an appearence.  My friend, Tom and I chatted with him for a bit; cool guy, but I wouldn't mess with him!


The cemetary offered wagon rides around a select portion of the cemetary.  I learned a little bit about the history and a few other items: 1) if you are offered a drink called, "uplifter," don't drink it unless you like the taste of kerosene.  2) Don't be fooled...even if a drink called, "yellow fever" looks different than the "uplifter" it also tastes like kerosene.



No comments:

Post a Comment