Monday, April 28, 2014

A Streetcar In Paris

Wow, how time has flown.  I'm ready to go back to Europe, but I never finished sharing my last visit.  It was the most incredible trip I've ever had.  My first trip, I did all the touristy things I felt obligated to do.  This trip, I did all the things I wanted to do and saved time to explore and hang out with Parisians, like a Parisian.  That's the way to truly experience a place, in my opinion!

Finishing up the walking tour, we ventured to the highest part of Montemartre, Sacre Coeur!

 A view from Sacre Coeur.  It's the Eiffel Tower in a tree!

 
I could reach out and touch it!


We rode a Streetcar...I didn't even know Paris had a streetcar.  It was only about 2 blocks, but still..


Afterward, we ate, here:



My friend, Etienne taught me my new favorite thing, which I discovered at the restaurant...Cafe Gourmand.  It was a sampling of desserts with espresso.  Yummmmmola!  I've been trying to talk restaurants into offering cafe gourmand, here!


Post walking tour and Sacre Coeur, I went to a private party, where a friend of my friend's friend (got it?  Ok, good let's continue) was having a private party for his latest scarf designs.  I didn't take any pictures; I thought it would be rude.  Everyone was quite friendly.  The apartment was located just before the building opened up into a courtyard...and the decor!  It was so very perfect.  Chic without seemingly trying to be so.  Anyway, I didn't purchase any of the creative scarves, but I did buy this:



It was such a unique necklace - a leather braided back with several strands of chains; different textures and lengths.  This photo does not do it justice...I'll have to take a photo wearing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment