Tuesday, April 29, 2014

More Paris!

My friend from Switzerland wanted to go to the Tamara de Lempicka exhibit at the Pinacotheque.  I was not familiar with her work, but was game.  She's a modern artist who was friends with some of the Hollywood elite in the 20's & 30's, including Dali.  The exhibit was quite interesting & I liked that it was "off the beaten tourist path." 
 
We also went to one of the places on my "list."  Galeries Lafayette.  It's a gorgeous department store/mall designed in the style of an old, grand opera house. 



 
This is Au Printemps, one of Galeries Lafayette's competition.  It was pretty grand, too.


Here's the ceiling of the entryway to Galeries Lafayette!  Un-freakin-believable!


View from the Chanel store.  Heaven!


Another cool thing about Galeries Lafayette is that they have a roof where you can grab a bite, drink or just relax and check out the view.  Here's a shot of the street below from the roof.



Paris selfie - don't judge.  Sometimes you do what you have to do.  This picture cracks me up; evidently, someone didn't want their picture taken!

 
 
Later we went to grab a bite in the Bastille area.  This famous guy, Matt something or other, was having dinner there, too.  If you watch Breaking Bad (which I don't), you'll recognize him.  My friend's friend's friend (got it?  Fantastic, let's continue) was a HUGE fan.  I asked him to send me the picture of he and Matt so I could show my friends in the States who watch the show. 
 

 
 
Always thinking, I decided that I needed proof that I didn't just grab a picture of the web and tell a tall tale of eating with famous people in Paris.  So, here's proof that I knew the guy in the picture with Matt!  

I don't recall the name of the restaurant, but do recall that my Swiss friend's Parisian friend ordered Rose and I discovered that I heart Rose...a lot.  We had a delicious, entertaining dinner and plenty of wine.  Pretty sure I was asleep before my head hit the pillow that night!

No comments:

Post a Comment