Monday, May 31, 2010

Discovering New Places

One of this weekend's cycling expeditions started in Midtown. We made our way downtown and stopped of at Bluff City Coffee Shop, on South Main, for a refuel of light snacks and caffeine!



We then made our way to Harbortown. I had the opportunity to climb the Auction St. Bridge for the first time on my bike. It was even much harder than I anticipated. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures to show the severe steepness of the bridge. I was too busy peddling! After biking through Harbortown, we rode down Second St. for the trek back to Midtown. Along the way, we noticed the house that was once a slave haven and stop on the Underground Railroad. I knew it was somewhere close to Second St., but never saw it before. It's amazing the new places (right under your nose) that you discover atop a bicycle!

We didn't have time to walk through the museum, but did take a breather long enough to pose for a couple of pictures.







Until Monday (which was a whopping 22 miles), this was my longest ride yet - 18 miles! But aside from that accomplishment, it was so much fun. Can't wait for future discoveries!

No comments:

Post a Comment