Sunday, May 23, 2010

It's All a Blur

This weekend was fun filled, but quite busy. As soon as I get a chance to stop and smell the pollen, I realized that the weekend's almost over. It's a conspiracy, I tell you, a conspiracy. Monday's definitely in on it...

The weekend kicked off with my volunteering at the Brooks Museum for the annual "Bicycle Film Festival." One of my fan club members showed up - but that's a different story. He's not only a member, he's the President. :-) It was such a great event. Memphis had a cycle to B.F.F. meeting point at Court Square downtown. Early in the evening, there was a wave of cyclists approaching the museum. It was pretty cool to see. Some bikes and cyclists were especially fun to watch.


The most creative bike of the night, definitely went to this guy. You can't make it out, but the neon lights of his bike say, "Burn Fat, Not Oil." Love it.

After volunteering ended, I was able to stay and catch some of the movies. A few of my favorites included the Scraper Bike King. I was able to find some youtube stuff:

Here's a clip from the movie:


The rap theme:


Saturday, a couple of my friends and I biked to one of my favorite places on earth (second to Paris), Stax Museum.


The ride wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. The roads were good and only one car, that I remember, passed us really closely. The museum...it was awesome, as usual.


Me with my friends, Robert and Trina. How fly would my bike look as a scraper bike? Yeah, I want one.


Trina and me (aka, Miracle Grow)


The funniest thing, that I don't have pictures of, was the group of 14 Asian tourists who wanted pictures posing with us and our bikes...one at a time. They were so hilarious.

When I got home, I had a message from one of friends from college. She was going to be in Memphis participating in her first triathlon: the Memphis in May Triathlon. So, this morning, I made my way to Millington just in time to cheer her on as she approached the finish line.


Here she is afterward...still smiling. I was hot and tired just standing in the heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment