Sunday, January 16, 2011

Trail Run

This weekend, my friends and I went back to Shelby Forest and ran (well, more like jogged then walked the super steep bluffs). It was such fun that we're thinking of making it a recurring Saturday morning ritual. At least until the cycling season really starts going again. :-) Translation = 'til about April.





Although, the snow still lingered, it was a gorgeous day for a run. After a few minutes, we weren't cold in the least.

In related running news, I received my trophy and the other goody for completing the entire Memphis Runners Track Club Road Race Series, thus, becoming a "Road Warrior." I'm extremely proud of myself for setting a goal in early 2010 and following through with said goal. Nothing can take that away. Also, it's nice to have organizations that promote and foster physical activity. I like to support those organizations. However, the trophy was "janky" to say the least. It was scratched in several places and the platform was even chipped not on one, but two corners. Come on MRTC. Can't you do better than that?

This year, I may volunteer instead of run. I can't quite decide, but luckily, there's plenty of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment