Monday, May 9, 2011

Old News

A few weeks ago, some friends and I participated in the Tour de Cure. We rode 62 miles to benefit the American Diabetes Association.

Here we are before the ride, bright eyed and bushy tailed. I wish you could see our team shirts that we decorated. They were a riot. Of course, we shed them before the ride:



Just a side note, the river is higher than that, now!

And, I was "tricked" into riding with the super fast, leaders. When I realized who I was riding with, it was "sink or swim," so I thought, well, let's see how long I can hang on. It was about 14 miles. I slowed down, significantly, the rest of the ride. I took a picture of my avg. pace at the first SAG stop. I've never had that high an average & probably won't again for a very long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment