Monday, April 24, 2017

Daily Smiles

Several years ago, I started seeing "901 Rocks" all over social media. People colorfully & creatively painted rocks and hid them all over the City of Memphis (901 area code) and I loved the concept. Recently, the trend has made it to St. Petersburg. I've been seeing "St. Pete Rocks" popping up more frequently. There was even a rock painting party at a local art studio. I couldn't make it but a friend of mine and I made plans to make our own...which we did, yesterday afternoon.


In the morning, while jogging, I found this little nugget:






How can you look at that little face and not smile?!


Painting the rocks was much more fun and relaxing than I thought it would be. Here are some of our masterpieces. Ok, so it might look like a child painted these. It can be our secret that they weren't painted by 10 year olds, ok? Cool!





After we painted our rocks we hid them...mostly in a nearby park. What a great time! I think there will be some painting parties in my future. :-)




Here's another smile from this weekend. Fresh flowers..my favorite, gerbera daisies scattered all over instantly raise my mood!


No comments:

Post a Comment