Monday, April 18, 2011

Good Deeds

Feeling down? Wondering how you can make a difference in the world? Well, today's your lucky day! Several friends of mine and I formed a team, Beat da 'betes, to ride in the American Diabetes Association's Tour de Cure. We will be riding a metric century, which is 62 miles, to support research to find a cure for diabetes.

This weekend, a few teammates and I braved the 20mph winds and cold weather for a long training ride. We had a few laughs along the way!



If you'd like to do your good deed for the day and donate to my fundraising page, click here. Doing something for the greater good is so satisfying, isn't it? Feel free to pass the link along to anyone else who might like to donate!

I, like many other people, have friends and family who have diabetes. Although, I enjoy cycling anyway, I am riding in this event in hopes of a cure, so that other people will not have to live with diabetes. Thanks in advance and big thanks to all my friends who have already donated to this cause!

No comments:

Post a Comment