Sunday, December 19, 2010

Week In Review

What a busy week this has been and I see no signs of things slowing down anytime soon. The week began last Sunday with dinner and a movie. It's something that the Majestic Grille has been doing the last few weeks. They have a set, 3-course menu for $25.00, along with an old movie shown on the big screen. This past week they showed, "Holiday Inn." I was ecstatic to see my favorite holiday movie on the big screen. I hope they continue to offer, Sunday Night Dinner & Movie, throughout the year. It's not a great picture, but this gives you a peek at what it was like.




Then Monday night, the Hightailers bicycle club volunteered to help with "Starry Nights," a holiday light exhibit at the local park, Shelby Farms. It was brutally cold (my bike computer registered a chilly 24 degrees), but we had fun freezing out tails off. Afterward, I took my heavy, steel framed bike, "Big Bertha," for a spin through the exhibit. It was so nice to leisurely bike through the exhibit. The run/walk/bike nights are the way to go, if you can handle the cold. I highly recommend it!













Yesterday was the Hightailers annual, "Jingle Bell Ride." People were encouraged to decorate their bikes and bring a canned food entree to give to those less fortunate. I wish I had also taken a picture of the donated food. I was impressed with how much was collected! But, alas, it was cold and all I could think about was getting on with the ride so that I could warm up!




Here are a few of us chatting while crossing the new pedestrian bridge at Shelby Farms. You can see remnants from the morning's "snow storm."




Well, gotta run. I have so much time and so little to do...no, strike that & reverse it...thank you. Then off to the last dinner & movie showing. Tonight, is "It's a Wonderful Life." Indeed. It is.

No comments:

Post a Comment